Is it safe to get a flu shot while pregnant?

soccerfanatic14

Asked by soccerfanatic14 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Doctors recommend it all the time so it must be safe but I personally wouldn't get it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Absolutely, I was made to get them when I was pregnant with my 1st, but I also worked in a hospital. Truthfully I would get it
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Its really up to you and your doctor to weigh the positives and negative in getting the shot.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• um yeah it's recommended. if you think it's a high risk of catching the flu where you live i'd say get it. your shot will help protect baby when they are born since kids can't get it before the age of 4. and i'm sure it can be harmful to baby if you catch it while pregnant as well.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 12:57 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I have never had the flu or have ever gotten a flu shot whether I have been pregnant or not. My doctors have never recommend it for me since I rarely ever get even a cold.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would ask your ob and see what they have to say about it.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes it is.
    Natly2007

Answer by Natly2007 at 2:42 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I personally chose not to get it (I was pregnant in 2008, before H1N1). I wouldn't get it in the first trimester. It might make sense to get it if your baby will be born during flu season since if you breastfeed you can pass some immunity on to your baby.

They can get a flu shot at six months old.
    kimberlyann_214

Answer by kimberlyann_214 at 6:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i had to have the h1n1 shot this pass spring, it was nothing its the same dos they give 6month old babies. every pregnant woman where i live pretty much had to get it this spring, because there was so many pregnant women dieing from it. usually i dont get flu shots, but the risk were greater not getting it. i also have asthma and i babysit 5 children that go to school, so i was a high risk.
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 9:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My child will be born during flu season and I also have a 6 year old daughter with relaly bad cold induced asthma so I got it for the babies benifit and hers as well.
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2010