what difference does it make?

I was working tonight, and went to greet a table. The daughter was there (roughly 18) and said that mom was at the bar getting a couple shots to tequila. Ok...no big deal. When mom came and sat down, I asked her where the tequila was and she said she already drank it and she doesn't drink in front of her daughter. She proceeded to go back up to the bar 2 more times for more tequila, and both times I heard daughter somewhat ask her not to or just say she didn't need it. I understand not wanting to drink in front of your children, but what difference does it make if your child is 18 and knows that you're going to the bar to get a drink??? To each their own I guess...

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 12:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• mind boggling
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I seldom drink in front of my children, but it sounds like she brought her designated driver ....
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 1:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I know this isn't an important question and I don't care...I'm just wondering why bother going to the bar because you don't drink in front of your 18yo daughter, but she knows that that's what you're doing???
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I seldom drink in front of my children, but it sounds like she brought her designated driver ...

--I understand not drinking in front of your children, and fully support that, and YAY if daughter was the designated driver, it just got me curious
    dlandrum

Comment by dlandrum (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• that is super weird. really if the kid is 18 and knows what her kid mom is doing then not drinking in front of her... well i can see if the mother is really good at taking shots she doesnt want her daughter to see her do it and do it too.. at 18... but yea. weird

I agree with the idea that the daughter is a DD if the woman had that many drinks..
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:14 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Err...sounds like Mommy may be a "closet" alcoholic :(
    StRita

Answer by StRita at 1:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Let people live as they want,we are no one to judge anyone
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It doesn't sound right. I think "mom" has a drinking problem. I just hope daughter drove. It is our business if she is drinking and driving.
    Callie140

Answer by Callie140 at 2:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Sounds like she needed her one that day. I guess you brought the dd along to drive. I get what you're sayin tho. What we say and do dont always match.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2010