What is the best way to potty train a 2 yr old girl

My daughter has been trelling myt when she has pooped ( whinch can only mean she peed.) LAtely I have been putting he ron the toliet to go before nap and bedtime and at shower time. She only tells me when she has already done it. If I ask her sometimes she says she does and she actually does other times I get her on the toliet and she just sits there saying she did and or trying to get the toliet paper. So was Just wondering on some pointers. Do pull ups help out at all

camommy08

Asked by camommy08 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• pull ups are glorified diapers in my opinion. but i'd say use cloth diapers or buy extra clothes and just let her pee herself. she'll learn eventually. but atleast bring a diaper when your in public.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 1:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We went for the 'big girl now' option. No pull-ups, no pants or clothes for a few days.
    We encouraged her to go on t he potty, she's kinda small for her age and a little bit scared of the toilet, as it's huuuge im comparison to her. We put potties in the living room, dining room, everywhere.
    We made it very easy for her to succeed, i think that's the key.

We told her that she was a big girl now, and would pee in the potty. That was it. She knows that adults pee in the toilet because she's seen us and she knows what the toilet does.

We;ve been doing it for 9 weeks now, with 2 accidents, one when she was sleepy, and one when she was reeeally excited. Dry all through the night, and no problems at all.

Be prepared for a lot of washing, lots and lots and LOTS of praise and encouragement,,,, and special rewards are good too. We used a combination of ice-pops and stickers.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 5:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2010