Does anyone use a bottle sterilizer?

i'm just wondering if anyone uses this or thinks it is just a waste of money...

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 1:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used one. My doctor recommended it because my baby had a raging case of thrush that wouldn't go away. I used the Dr. Brown's microwavable sterilizer. I think they only go with Dr. Brown bottles though. I really liked it. Now that the thrush is gone, I just run his bottles through the dishwasher once or twice a week to sterilize them.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 9:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I did not. I did however boil water and pour it all over the nipples before I washed them for the 1st time to sterilize them. I washed the bottles like normal, with hot water, dish soap and a bottle brush. Sometimes I put everything in the dishwasher and just extra rinsed the nipples by hand.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i do almost till they r 1... last time i boiled this time i have the microwave one and love it
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I use mine a couple times a day. I sterilize his spoons, pacifiers, bottles.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2010