i am single parent of two and times is hard trying to pay bills and take care of them and my daughter is study growing month by month and i cant keep up with her growth and it hurts me that i cant afford her no cloths she can fit right now do that make me a bad parent .

cho2010colate

Asked by cho2010colate at 1:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• i wouldnt say it makes you a bad parent. we go through low points. right now I am there with one. but i am in school and only have 7 more credits after this semester... I know I will be okay. I suggest looking into way to stabilize your position - make a plan so u can fix your situation and feel better day to day. right now i am looking for work and i am down to my last 100$. i cannot pay my bills this next month. i know it's going to be okay though because i have a plan
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:17 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• That does not make u a bad parent.... You are trying and yes times are very hard right now... I think second hand clothes could be just as good as new clothes if not a little better... down here the second hand stores only take name brand clothes in the second hand stores.. no walmart clothes, which i would buy from walmart...
    Mommy_Bear823

Answer by Mommy_Bear823 at 1:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No, it doesn't make you a bad parent. You are doing your best, and sometimes things are just really tough. Is there a church or shelter nearby that offers free used clothes? I know many of them will have something available like that, and there is no shame in asking if your daughter needs clothes. We all need help sometimes.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 1:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• this classifies you as trying to be the best parent as YOU can be.
    a bad parent just don't care about their kids.
    hope everything works out for you! wish you the best of lucks in the financial regions
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 1:32 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• there is no way this makes you a bad parent. it proves you try your best to provide for your children. we are going through a hard time too, and i know it's hard. eventually things will look up. keep working hard and loving your kids!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:41 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Not at all. Sorry you hit a rough patch. Everything gets better with time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• just tell her, what you are feeling. She will understand, I did! And she will love you, and respect even more than some kids of reach parents, you will see.
    innulik2000

Answer by innulik2000 at 3:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No. Seek out help in your time of need. Go to the local churches, women shelters and dcfs. Help is out there you just gotta start asking for it. I will keep you and urs in my prayers. Now is not the time to beat yourself up. This will not last forever.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:49 AM on Sep. 15, 2010