Does anyone use Instead menstrual cups? What do you think of them?

Since having my first child I can't wear tampons anymore. I can always feel it and it's just uncomfortable. But for some odd reason I tried Instead cups and I never felt it once I put it in right. I just hate that it is a bit uncomfortable getting it in (and messy) and messy taking it out. This is my second period since I had the twins and it's pretty heavy and I don't like wearing pads when I'm this heavy.

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 1:16 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Health

• You betcha! This was the absolute best thing I have ever found! I hated pads, I hated tampons. This is great because you do not even know it's there. You can leave it in for up to 8 hrs. If it scares you at first, wear a panty liner. You can also use gloves and even a little lub if you are having trouble getting it in there. Note.. you shouldn't be able to feel it at all.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:43 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Never heard of them!

Why not just use Adult Depends? Seriously hun..... I am 48... and have VERY HEAVY flow..that lasts up to 18 days ( my longest ) and I gush so bad.....pads were not helping.. and forget tampons! Id cough them out! ( Im being tested for a few things from fibroids to endometriosis...etc. ) AND finally a progesterone has helped stop my flow..thank god!

Just find the size right for you and there you go! Don't be embarassed by that. Why stick something foreign inside?

It's only for a few days right? And they are not too too bad. Depends give the best coverage and leakage protection and I highly doubt you have THAT bad of a flow.....I pray nothing like mine can be!

Good luck!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 1:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I like them. Like you said they are pretty messy taking them out so I just have a towel handy. The mess is worth being able to wear it for 12 hours without leaking.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Well, I just put one in and it wasn't so bad. I just got tired of feeling like I was sitting in blood.....sorry tmi, but my flow is heavy right now and my pad just made me feel gross. Ok so maybe I can do this!
    twinmama2five

Comment by twinmama2five (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Is such a thing available in India
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I was going to post a video I found on You Tube about.

It seems that, as long as they are sitting inside you right, then you should have no trouble. I think Id wear one if I was not so worried about my flow.....but then mine is NOT normal or light!

Maybe after a few days it will work out for ya as it seems a few women on here use them and like 'em.

Good luck as I said!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 2:17 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Never heard of them, but thanks for the heads up.....I'm going to try them!
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 2:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2010