Who are you voting for and Why??

Seriously, I have read so many post on here about McCain and Obama. I just want to know why you are voting for either one? I am really undecided, but think I am leading towards Obama, but still not totally decieded. I know he has little experience, but his plans sound better. He sounds like he may be more involved in fixing our country than trying to fix the whole world. And that is what we need know. But Just thought maybe you ladies could share your opinions.

Man I wish Hilliary was still in!!!

lovinmomto3

Asked by lovinmomto3 at 7:41 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Im voting for Obama. His plans make sense to me. He is looking out forr the best interest of the country, has great economic plans, energy plans, healthcare plans and tax plans. He is going to invest in America's schools again. He is very concerned with today's children who will lead tomorrow's world. Education is huge to him and that is very important. He is also going to lower taxes for 95% of Americans, I know we can all use that right now. I also agree with his healthcare plan that all children should be required to be insured. There really isn't anything I don't agree with him on. I also love that he can hold his bearing and get his message across in a very civil way. Alot of people think he is running a negative campaign but I see many of his comercials everyday and I would say 60% of them are positive, whereas his oponents have been almost 100% negative in the past few weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I really like Obama. He seems to know how to keep his emotions in tact, as well as taking responsibility for what needs to get done. I feel he will be an excellent leader.
    VintageOfYore

Answer by VintageOfYore at 7:51 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I'm voting for Mckain. He is what this country needs.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Plans are wonderful - i could run for President and say that I'm going to give everyone free health care, lower gas prices, fix the economy, and eliminate poverty. All people running for office tell you what you want to hear. How are they going to achieve these plans??? Oh yeah - they're going to tax the rich, until they get into office and realize then that there is still not enough money to do what they want. Experience allows one to formulate reasonable plans. Sure, Obama's plans sound better - his lack of experience is telling him that governing is easy. Running America is not an easy job. Every day some group or another is going to complain that we are not doing enough. Governing involves choosing. They cannot pay for everything. Please consider that when looking at all of these "plans". Ask yourself, is this really reasonable?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• You know I used to be very moral, I used to vote for bush. I was one of the conservatives, very closed minded not thinking on all types of situation, the only thing i wanted was the same oldfashion way. I used to be against abortions regardless of the situaiton until I got pregnant. i was a teen mom. i never knew how tough a decision was to keep a baby or not. its not about killing a baby its about the fact that i was not ready. i had no way to care for her. I never got it but it makes you think. it is not fair to tell a person what they can or cannot do with their body. thats like going to a hospital and they tell you well i know you want this doctor but i don't like him so you can have him. whatever happened to free choice
    marie0430815

Answer by marie0430815 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I like obama because he is for the people and he proved that he is a good candidate regardless of his experience. i'm pretty sure if he was that bad then Hillary would be in his spot. Palin has a lot less experience then him but no one drags her in the dirt. so regardless of who you vote for all of the candidates are good people.
    marie0430815

Answer by marie0430815 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• To the OP you can always do a candidate calculator www.vajoe.com has a great one. It may help you to see how much you agree with each candidate.
    I personally am for McCain. I support a smaller federal government. I support less spending, and less taxing. McCain is not planning on increasing taxes for anyone, and with the current economy, that is a good plan. Also, considering how many Americans actually do not pay any federal income taxes, i think its around 40-50%, I don't really understand how we can cut their taxes any more. They don't pay anything. I think if CEOs and companies are taxed more, they are 1) either going to take their business elsewhere like another company or 2) they are going to fire more employees. They certainly aren't going to take the income cut themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Obama for me.. I want out of Iraq they have money we dont we need our troops in afganastain sp?
    And health care Obamas plain is not like pople think it is Hilary was the unversial His makes more since to me than McCains.. And another I think Obama will be able to pay off more of or debt than McCain..
    homemom1620

Answer by homemom1620 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• OBAMA because I want FREE TRADE SANCTIONED & I want UNIVERSAL HEALTH COVERAGE.
    GOBryan

Answer by GOBryan at 4:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• marie . . . there are other options than abortion. you can always put up your child for adoption if you can't handle it. i don't think it's worth destroying a life.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 5:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2008