For those of you who have teenagers in your home, do you ever do their school work for them?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:41 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I will help my daughter if she is having trouble with something, however i will NOT do the work for her
    cdwilber

Answer by cdwilber at 7:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I help, I proof read, I edit, I correct, I do NOT do their assignments for them. Students don't learn when their parents are doing their work for them!
    It is one thing to help them rewrite a sentence in a paper, it is another to write it for them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• your child will not learn from you doing their homework..... i help my sister with her homework as she is a senior and i proof read and my husband proof reads and ill help her study. but i will never do her homework for her....you have already had your time in school and did your homework....and if you do it for them once then they will get used to it and start rellying on you to do it....and as for doing your 4th graders homework my sister and i were both in colorguard and that has pratice every night from 5 -8 and we got our homework and chores done BEFORE we went ON OUR OWN.
    ~melanie#5~
    pandapoo100

Answer by pandapoo100 at 9:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I help whenever I can, but I don't do their work for them. Heck, nobody did my work for me. They should have to suffer just like I did. LOL
    wickedstepmom

Answer by wickedstepmom at 10:08 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• no, we will help .Discuss how to work a sticky math concept ,help proof read a paper and I have even found a site on the web for research work by re wording the prompt...haha imagine tech ding dong me being able to help my kids on something computer related...pigs must be flying.I already graduated from high school so I am not doing the work again is what I tell them if they get too close to wanting me to do too much. They have to learn to get it all done before college because we don't attend with them

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I do help somewhat if they need me too but I don't just do all of it for them. I will give them the correct answers if they are struggling a bit. I know they appreciate it because they come to me for help a lot.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:35 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I've done it twice for him since he was a freshman. Both were essays on books that he was supposed to have read but didn't. I know I shouldn't have but he's soooo bright but when it comes to reading books that he hated he procrastinated until it was too late. Both times they were the most heavily weighed assignment of the semester and I didn't want him to fail so I blasted out the essays the night before they were due just from memory of having read them when I was in high school.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Absolutely not!!!!
    mischiefmaker34

Answer by mischiefmaker34 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't do their homework - I would HELP them.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:19 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• no - i make my nephew do his own and my girls who are younger do their own
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 15, 2010