Has anyone else pretty much given up on love and happiness?

I just don't see the point anymore. It just leads to pain and tears, fights, heartache, etc. I can't do anything right, anyway, so why would I think that I could make a relationship work?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 1:44 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• i have tryed everything i can think of
    but he is giving up
    so i have no other choice but to give up, i think i will not call what i am doing giving up, since i am more than willing to seek more therapy with him and try, i think i will have to call it giving it over...over to him, i can not do all the trying when he keeps running from issues-i just can not keep up anylonger, chasing a man down to try to get him to care is exhausting

my well is dry, i have no more to give
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• oh ive given up!! me! me! i havent seen the point in two plus years now
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 5:35 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My DH and I tolerate eachother. I take care of the kids and he makes good money. We both know we aren't soulmates by any means, but we care about eachother and we can get through this life together. I'm happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I gave up and then I met an amazing man that made me realize that I didn't need to give up I just needed to quit looking and it'll all fall into my lap
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:48 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I did. As soon as I gave up on dating and love all together, I found the perfect man for me. We've been happily married for seven years now, have one beautiful little girl, and a little boy on the way. I've heard that most people find the right one after they give up and stop looking. It's as if it just falls into your lap after a while.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 2:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Don't give up, if you found the right person i think it will be worth it, or try again to build your relationship. I am in such a bad relationship right now but I'm still on trying.
    ChoeBZB

Answer by ChoeBZB at 2:30 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Never never give up and if you do walk away. The worst thing you can do is stay in a relationship and not even try. Read books, see a therapist, talk, etc.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:57 AM on Sep. 15, 2010