Has anyone had to have their teeth pulled *all of them* and get dentures?

Im going in oct to have the rest of my teeth pulled...16 of them in one day...has anyone had to do this? if so can you tell me what you feel like after wards? how long the pain last..., does your face sink in...I am not going to be able to get my dentures til JULY!!! Ill never leave my house!!! uggg..Scared!! *have to have it done as the meds I have been taken caused dry mouth, and teeth are just crumbling apart...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Health

• i was born with bad teeth so i was 25 at the time when i had all my teeth out,i was put to sleep for them to take out my teeth,the first day i was sore but the next day i wanted to eat i was so hunger i had pork chops for supper,my face was sore but i just tough it out,oh yes i went out no matter what i did not care if people look at me funny ,i to had to wait for my new teeth but i found out that i was going to have other child ,i have had my false teeth now for 28yrs going for new pair soon
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My DH had 14 pulled and he was put under. He was in a lot of pain for a month, his jaws really bothered him. He's not one for pain pills, but he kept going back for more. I felt so sorry for him. He has partials, and he's glad he did it. He takes them out at home, I can't really tell by looking at him if he's got his teeth in or not. He's forgotten them before, and we've had to drive back home to get them...LOL He has a beautiful smile now, and he feels a lot more confident. Good luck with your surgery :)
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 7:02 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I had 8 pulled at once about a year and a half ago, and I know at some point I'll have to have the rest pulled. I feel the same way as far as going out, etc - I know I'm not going to want to, but as many times as DH's family has get-togethers, and knowing I'll have a new neice or nephew next spring makes it really hard - I'd have had more pulled by now but I'm fearful of the family gatherings :o(.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my mom had hers all pulled at different times due from a wreck when i was 12 they tried everything to save them and could not. she got so many pulled at two or three times,
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I know my mom had hers pulled a few at a time and her face swelled each time. My father had all of his pulled the same time and so his face swelled only once that way when they got dentures.
    I do not have full dentures but a partial place. Just relax, it will be okay. The dentures will take some getting used to. The more you don't take them out and keep them in your mouth, the sooner you will get used to the odd feeling of them in your mouth, then after a while they will feel like your own teeth almost. good luck
    violetz

Answer by violetz at 11:35 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• thank you for the wonderful comments, just a couple weeks then it will be done...uggg..I am going to the dr. for pain pills today as another one of my teeth have busted off in much pain now..hate to think of it when they are done..uggg...but in the long run happy I guess...right?!?!?! giggles...if anything bet Ill lose some weight ? huh?
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 22, 2010