How do you organize your photos

My mom is wanting me to organize her old photos, what is a good way to do it, and also have who is in each picture, name, date...so when they are gone and not here to answer those questions they would be there ....for years to come?

kids_r_gr8

Asked by kids_r_gr8 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i always upload mine in the computer make 3 back-ups disk, and two hard drive, & print fr time to time u can scan your photos and save it in your computer. Then I print all the thumbnail and make up a list of what is in my hard drive.
    ChoeBZB

Answer by ChoeBZB at 2:34 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• After i upload them I will label them soon otherwise I forget.  For old photos you can put post its on the back. if you are using a scrapbook, put pictures in and write a caption

kasaline

Answer by kasaline at 2:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Organize them by date. Write on the back where it is, when and who is in the shot from left to right. Put them in an acid free photo album.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I load them by date and then near the end of the year I change those dates to a descriptive name (for the folder). Sometimes then I will combine them, like all 'misc' together, or all 'food' together, no matter what date it was taken. If I want to remember anything I put it in the file name.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 1:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I put mine in a baggie by person or event until I am ready to scrap thwm
    ZOOMZOOMCANTOR

Answer by ZOOMZOOMCANTOR at 4:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I do them in different ways. My favorites i scrap book. Have a page for one vacation with little momentos. Like when we took my daughter to gettysburg, we have the ticket stubs from her first train ride, photos, along with a little insert at the bottom with where we were and the date and who was there.

some I put into regular photo albums that are specific (like I have one of just my daughter and they have markers for each month of her first year).

others I have in a box that I just have the date they were taken, where they were, and who was in them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• i organized by year and event and put names on back of them and with the pile a piece of paper with what the event was and any funny stories that happened with it
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I organize by date with the name(s) on the back.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I would do it by the date
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• you can buy an album that has lines next to it or scrapbook to make it more creative
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2010