Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Can he take my son?? part 2

I asked earlier about custody and dh, well i figured i should give more details, dh has a bad drinking problem he just got a DUI hes on probation for a year, he isnt suppose to drink but still is, the truck got signed into my name, b/c he had to get yellow tags, he has hit me before but i never called the cops, hes the one that wants a divorce i really just wanted to work it out and for him to get help with his drinking but he cant stop, my dh has never been there for our son never changed a diaper nothing, he does work but hasnt offered anything to our son since i have left and just yesterday calls wanting to c him, my son seems much happier since i left! i really am scared to let dh see him im going to stay at his moms house with my son, b/c im scared he will take off with him..
How do i file for emergency custody, what should my next steps be? im in ohio
Please any advice or stories i need help have no clue where to start

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • Ive been looking for a job, ive went everywhere and calling everyday checking on my applications, i went and got on cash assistance food stamps and got medical for myself and our son, im not proud of it but what else am i suppose to do i have to take care of my baby and im looking for work and im going to go back to school!!
    Im only 22 and i have no clue where to start or what to do.. i have no money right now, just needing any kind of help,
    I feel like dh only wants his truck back doesnt care about anything else, so he knows that if he sees landon i will drive the truck and he can try and take it
    Please any advice

    Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 2:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Call social services 1st thing in the am and make sure you mention the DUI, prior abuse, etc. Make sure your visitation tomorrow is in a public place you feel safe, arrive early and inform staff that you are expecting your ex and please keep an eye our in case things turn for the worse. Do not leave your son alone with him if you are that concerned. You have already taken the steps to get son in state system and under your name. State prefers this honestly in situations like this, its a guarantee they will see the child and see he's provided for. TALK to Yur Lawyer!!! If he wants the truck that badly let him take it. Its not worth losing your son over, its just property and while you do need it you will survive without it. Let him go get himself in more trouble with it and make your custody case that much easier. Grand theft auto won't look too good for him.

    Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:02 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Google Ohio Child Custody and Ohio Divorce and like I said earlier, figure out dates and details and file police reports!!

    Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 3:12 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • I don't think as he has a dark past as well as present.

    Answer by A11 at 3:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Call legal aide, get copies of all police reports of all duis and everything against him, talk to the custody office in Ohio, and also call around for a lawyer if you can, if not, Legal Aide!!!!!!!

    Answer by violetz at 5:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Good advice Momma's!

    I would check with child services...........and Id make sure you take your son to a public place as well and inform staff....

    Most attorneys have free consultation.........and legal aid can assist you as well.

    Good luck!

    Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:16 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Call your local attorney generals office and talk to them about legal aid to file for custody, divorce, child support, etc.

    Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:12 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • If the truck is in your name and he takes it report it stolen. That will only help you more, because he should go to jail.
    Do not meet him at his mother's house. Meet inside a public place.
    Im would start making some calls to see what your options are, before meeting with him.

    Answer by cassey.e at 8:17 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • I'd tell him supervised visits. If he takes the child and he's been drinking, call the police. For that matter if he takes the child and doesn't bring him back, call the police. I'd call Legal Aid and ask them what to do for now. You can ask for custody when you go to court for CS but for now you need a paper to show the police.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.