So the moment someone tells/teaches someone about the Christian God and they choose to stick with their current beliefs, at that point they are destined for Hell for not instantly being convinced by the Christian sales pitch?

Thats not right. People are free to choose and thats a total bully and intimidation tactic. "Worship our religion or be doomed...bwahahaha"

Not accepting your gospel doesn't make that person wrong.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 4:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't think it's intimidation, I think it's an attempt at intimidation. No one can intimidate a person that is certain that isn't true. I've been sent to Hell by Christians plenty of times because I don't believe in Jesus, I'm Jewish. So? If it makes them feel better to think I'm gonna burn in eternal pain, let them have their fun. I know I'm not because I don't even believe in Hell, so why would I care?

Sharon

momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:27 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• The problem is that is oversimplifying knowing God. Just because someone preaches it doesn't mean they shown God to the person they are preaching to. Before you can teach someone about the words of God and Christ you have live them so that others can see and ask. Which is why faith without works is dead and vice versa. The successful missions are the ones that take care of the body first. then as those who are helped ask questions they are answered, Not the ones who preach ( or shove) then take care of the body. The best example we have of this is Mother Teresa. She took care of the sick and homeless. Went out and brought them into her homes. Cared for them. did she covert many here on this earth yes, but there those who she did not, that was not important. What was important was the love she showed them. Yes for that is God asks of his children to love one another, and hopefully at some point here or afterlife they will see.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I reject the idea of being born in sin, as well. I believe we are born with a pure potential, that we are good in nature, and that we are blessed from birth. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Reminds me of the one about the Priest and the Eskimo:

The Priests tells the Eskimo about God and Sin, and how if he doesn't believe in God the Eskimo will go to hell.

The Eskimo asks the Priest earnestly and sincerely... "If you didn't tell me about God and sin, would I have gone to hell?"

The Priest replies... If you did not know about God or Sin you will not go to Hell...

The Eskimo has with a sad look on his face "Then why..." he asks earnestly... "Did you tell me about it?"
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes.. christianity requires belief... if you do not believe, you are going to hell, regardless of good actions / intentions.
    Which is why the 'god', even if it does exist, is not worthy of worship.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 5:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I am a christian but wouldn't want to force my beliefs on anyone and do not think anyone should so that. I agree that it is bullying.
    violetz

Answer by violetz at 5:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I thought only God can bring someone to him? Why do people think they are so important that they themselves can bring someone to god? Isn't that being a bit egotistical?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• its not a one-chance-or-your-out situation, folks. i don't know if you're overplaying this just for drama, or what, but this is getting ridiculous. i'd imagine you (in general) are given many chances to believe in God during your lifetime. (heck, just look at all the posts on CM in an average day.! LOL)
    NOBODY CAN MAKE YOU DO ANYTHING!! whether its change your beliefs to religion, or convert to a different religion, or make you sit and listen to the gospel. only God can change a heart..and until you're ready and open to a change, i don't think it will happen.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:41 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If you are so sure that us Christians are idiots believing in someone imaginary, and there is no Hell and we'll all just rot in the ground, why does it offend you so much? Why can't you just pass us off as people who can't seperate reality from fiction? Put us with trekkies and other sci-fi people who think there really is a Yoda and you can be born with Jedi powers. If we're all just out of touch with reality and what we say is fiction and will never happen, why not just let it go? And if we happen to "convince" someone that we're right, what does it matter to you?
    I'm not trying to be mean but I just don't understand why some non-believers are so adament about us Christians being idiots and morons and then acting like we're harming someone.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 10:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Everyone is already unsaved & headed to Hell because we are sinful in nature.

YOU might be  sinful in nature, but I'm not and neither is anyone else. To be human is not WRONG. You are not born diseased, destined for evil, full of sin and corruption and no good. THAT is ludicrous and I'm sorry you can't see that. You know what? Take that thinking away and what reason IS there left to have God?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010