If your child is banging their head and screaming what do you do?

My sister's child screams for hours. Sometimes banging their head on the ground or wall. They are two years old. The boy makes no effort to walk. He'd rather be carried. He doesn't really talk. Just a few words for milk, food, and to be picked up. If I didn't know any better, I think somethings wrong with him. Its just not normal. When he screams they just make noises back at him. Like trying to make him laugh or something. It just seems all wrong to me. Maybe I'm wrong? What do you think?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm curious. You said "If I didn't know any better, I think somethings wrong with him." Have there been assesments done that say there is nothing wrong with him?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:34 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• if all else fails, probably join him/her !!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i just let nathan go.. he does it when he doesn't get his way [AND HE'S ONLY ONE LOL] so i wait till he's done lol. he winds up crying about it and i'm like you know it hurts you.. why do you do it? then he'ld give me this look and walk away lol
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 7:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Has he had a checkup with the pediatrician lately? I'd get his/her advice
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:27 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Make a doctors appt or call the nurse on call. If they kid is banging their head i would hold them till they are done with the tantrum just to take of the problem right then.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• should not***
    Cynthia L.

Answer by Cynthia L. at 2:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my 1yr old slaps her self in the head when i tell her no and she gives me a look like fine you say no then im gonna slap my self she starts crying after words then i ask her wy did she do it if she knows its going to hurt and that she should not do it because it hurts then she goes on playing.
    Cynthia L.

Answer by Cynthia L. at 2:17 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Distract him and get him out of that mood before pulling out of hair comes next. Try to get him focusing on something else!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 5:33 PM on Sep. 15, 2010