Tell me your favorite desert with three items or less in it.

Don't have much money. Have a potluck to go to. Not a good cook, in a wheel chair on oxygen. I want to help my husband by making a desert for the dinner. Three items or less. Any suggestions what I can make?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Sweetened condensed milk and shredded coconut.

Mix the 2 together and bake about 20-25 minutes.

I do this sometimes for my husband or friends: After its cooled off, drizzle melted chocolate chips on top of it or cover the top with melted chocolate.

The reason I don't do it with chocolate all the time is b/c I don't like chocolate. But, either way its still very yummy!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Pineapple-Cherry Dump Cake

Layer a baking pan with 1 can crushed pineapple, then I can cherry pie filling, then one box of yellow cake mix (just sprinkle it on dry) Top with drizzled butter. Bake at 375 until the top brown.

I guess that's 4 ingredients. Oops!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:48 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• strawberry shortcake!

Strawberries & sugar
    whip cream
    short cakes or pound cake

OK, i guess that is 4 ingredients. But, it's super quick, easy & cheap!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:49 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Cherry Pie -
    1 -2 Cans of Cherry Pie filling
    Teaspoon of almond extract
    Pillsbury Pie Crusts - store brand does just fine too

Unroll the first pie crust out over the pie plate, pat into place. In a bowl mix the pie filling with the dash (teaspoon or so) of almond extract. Pour into pie shell. Cover with second pie shell and pinch the bottom shell and top shell together. Make 4 small slits in the top of the pie to allow steam to escape. Bake at 425 for about 35/40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Double check the recipe on the side of the can - my can says 45 minutes, but every oven is different, so I would check it often. Good luck!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 7:02 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Zabaglione - egg yolks, marsala, sugar.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• banana pudding

layer sliced bananas, vanilla wafers, and cooked pudding continuously in a big clear bowl.

simple, simple. you could always add whipping cream to the pudding, to make it creamier..but that would require a 4th ingredient.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Cherry Brownie Bake
    Box Devils food cake mix
    Cherry pie filling,
    2 eggs
    Mix together, grease 11x15 pan, bake 20-25 min at 350
    Frost with choc. frosting, if you want but good plain
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Upside-down dessert - it has 4, but it's super-easy
    combine a 20oz can of crushed pineapple (don't drain) and a can of cherry pie filling in a 9x13 oven-safe pan.
    Pour a cake mix (white, yellow, vanilla, any light colored flavor) evenly over the fruit.
    Melt 1 stick of margarine or butter and drizzle fairly evenly over the cake mix.
    Bake at 350 til the cake mix is golden brown.

Or get a box of brownie mix and stir in andes baking bits, or peanut butter chips, or chocolate chips, or nuts, get a can of cheap frosting for the top...or bake the plain brownies and when done, pour on a layer of mini marshmallows (while brownies are still hot) and peanuts, then warm some chocolate icing and drizzle over - rocky road brownies.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Fresh Strawberries and whip cream.
    emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ice cream any flavor with some topping and some whip cream on top!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 5:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010