What would you do? adult content

I've been sick with either cold or allergies, can't tell which, just started taking bc pills (one of those low dose ones) (and not for bc purposes.) So I was told to just find were I was at in my cycle and start them (turns out it's week 3) and go from there. I took the first one last night after dinner. Well, by 9:30 I was feeling so sick. It felt like mucus was sitting on the back of my throught (the part that if you aggitate enough you will throw up). So finally about 11:20 I puked for the last time. But I am now likely a bit dehydrated because I waited a few minutes, took a very small sip of water (because I had tried to drink more earlier and puked it up) and finally fell asleep. I am going to call the dr this morning, but I just wanted some opions of what may have caused it and how to prevent/stop it.

Sarasmoonflower

Asked by Sarasmoonflower at 6:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Health

• Did you feel any nausea? I could not take any BC pills because they always made me throw up. You having a cold, has nothing to do with the BC pills. You cannot catch a virus from taking BC pills. BUT, they can make women puke. Use to happen to me all the time until i finally got an IUD. It was a life saver!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I was having the cold/allergy mess first. I did feel super queasy last night before I actually did throw up. I remember YEARS ago I had taken the regular bc pills and they never made me throw up. But that was two kids ago and a different pill, also I've never started them any where but at the start of a pack before.
    Sarasmoonflower

Comment by Sarasmoonflower (original poster) at 6:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• the best answer i can give you is to call your physician - i'm sorry you are sick - but i do know the one thing you should do is stay hydrated ,.......
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 6:58 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I agree with kaysimon.........sorry you arent feeling too well..........but DO stay hydrated best you can. Warm green gatorade is really good for this purpose too. Though the ER nurses have told me it doesnt matter whether its over ice or room temp......but for me.....room temp was best and I kept it down.

Good luck!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• mucus on the back of your throat makes me think its allergies... post-nasal drip bascially...
    are you taking anything like allegra?
    also, if you have a lot of mucus try and avoid dairy products until it gets under control. I like drinking hot water with lemon juice and honey in it when I get crud in my throat.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010