Prayer or Good Luck Charm

which one works better and why?

Me..I got several Four Leafed Clovers I keep around (not sure if they work, but they don't hurt and they're asthetically pleasing if nothing else). Prayer has never done me much good.

Hope and Determination and never giving up have also helped, but I attribute that to myself, not some outer powers.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:35 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Charm...because you charge it with your OWN energies.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• prayer works for me, to help me assess my situation. kinda like talking-out your problem with a friend..kinda like hearing yourself say something, so you either are clearer or just force yourself to be aware of what the situation/problem really is. kinda like writing in a journal..you just start writing down your thoughts, good and bad, and the more you write, the more you realize what you need, where you need to gain the answer. a lot of the time, the answer to your prayer (for me, anyway) is stated IN the prayer. just like in a journal.
    i don't believe in superstitious items/occurances, so charms are just something pretty to look at.

kinda. LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• For me, prayer works best. It not only gives me a sense of peace, it also clears my mind enough so that I know the best course of action.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Well, four leaf clover cannot hurt anything at all. I am in no way catholic and i keep a rosary around me during the day. (have had a few bad experiences and it helps me feel better) I have four leaf clover in one of my books on shelf. And hmm prayers are like getting God involved in your particulars.... He is going to have his own opinion on what should be done. Sometimes the best answer to a prayer is to let u decide what to do or to let u handle it. Hope and Determination are indeed your own ... they do come from you... I would still go with the prayer thing over good luck charms.
    Mariejen

Answer by Mariejen at 7:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I pray first then if luck is on my side I go with that.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:05 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I use both and none of my Deities, Lwa, Saints or Spirits are the least bit insulted. in fact, on occassion one may suggest a charm to carry with me for a particular reason. the charm works similar the a pp's rosary. it gives me comfort and keeps the particular Spirit or Deity, etc. who suggested it in the forefront of my mind while i carry it so it also functions as a light meditative device.
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 9:41 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Neither.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:32 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Neither. As a witch I always wear a pentacle (a star within a circle) for protection and for luck at yard sales. These shapes have been considered good luck for hundreds of years. For non-witches I usually suggest finding a gold colored stone or a piece of shiny gold pyrite. Dunk it in water with a couple of pinches of salt to cleanse it of negative vibrations. Dry it off and hold it in both your hands. Think about the thing that most represents good luck to you at that time. Envision a bright golden light around it and around your hands. This is called "charging" and it puts your energy into the item and gets it ready to do it's job. Other luck charms are stars sometimes together with moons, elephants, ladybugs, horseshoe shapes, and dolphins. Your clovers will work much better if you do the cleansing and charging ritual with them, too. Luck is inside you!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Both and neither.

IMO, I think there's a lot to be said for mind over matter. If you really believe a prayer or a good luck charm can help you, this can give you encouragement, lift your spirits, and possibly change the outcoume because of your determination. But it's probably all in your head, not in the charm or prayer.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Being Irish, I have many 4 leaf clovers, leprechauns, etc, but I do not believe any of those  are changing a thing for me. I do believe fully in prayer and my relationship with the Lord. We all have our own beliefs and what ever works for you go with it.......good luck.....

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010