Has anyone had an Endometrial Biopsy done before because of......... adult content

A very bad flow and alot of clotting? And long periods for quite some time??

I had one done last week, still waiting for results which they claim if no phone call or letter, it was OK and they will see me at my next Appt. next week.

I was given progesterone to take in the mean time which after bleeding 13 days, it stopped 3 days later after taking the pills.

What meds did they give you if any? Im 48 with one child.

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 7:38 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Health

• Yes I had one. I knew I was going through menopause, but the Doctor wanted to be sure. All was fine but then she wanted to do an intrauterine ultrasound. Again all was fine. The next month I had the period from hell. Then nothing since, I was 45 when all this happened and that was 2 years ago. I was offered meds to help things but refused.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• BTW I had the same symptoms. She wanted to do a cauterization of the uterine wall so I wouldn't as bad of flow. More of a convenience for me then anything else. I also refused that.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I had one. I wasn't given any meds for that. I had the same symptoms. Mine was done because we were planning on me getting an endometrial ablation (Novasure) done. Since everything turned out fine, I got the ablation done right before my next period would have started. I am getting ready to go to a doctor appointment in a few minutes that is a follow up. I've done a few blogs on it if you'd like to read about my experience. It was done in February and March. I'm 30 years old.
    CrazyMom5480

Answer by CrazyMom5480 at 8:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Well best of luck to ya hun. I just had a hysterectomy and everythat was once again right in the world
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:47 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Had one done, but never went on any medds. I was having the same symptoms. If you are concerned call the Dr and ask about the results. Honestly, if there was something wrong they would have called you right away. I didnt waste my time on having another ablation because the first one only lasted 2 yrs and then BAM! Back to the heavy bleeding and all that. I got a Hyster done in April and I wish I would have gotten it yyears before!! Im 38 and done having kids so it was an easy choice and I have not regretted it one second!!
    jdlane1901

Answer by jdlane1901 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Goodness.....thanks for the replies Moms!

I am a worry wart of course, and I saw my primary doctor yesterday cause of back pain I got the night I found I had a kidney stone ( AUG 24th) I swear I thought I was gonna die! I drove myself to the ER though Im blocks from a fire station! I thought it was appendicitis attack! NEVER thought of kidney STONE...maybe KIDNEY INFECTION...but then after that diagnosis.....came the endomerial biopsy which was perfect timing for my FLOW to do its thing!

Im sure they would have called by now IF they found something wrong.....but Im nervous about either proceedure to go for should they ask.

I about fell off the table last week when they did the biopsy and I should have taken my one vico-phren pain pill! I CAN handle just so much pain....I asked if they were digging to china in there ! LOL

I really REALLY appreciate the replies! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Sep. 16, 2010