10 days late...

Today, I am 10 days late for my period. I took a test on Sunday but it was neg. It is possible to still be prego or at this point am I just having another late period? (Last month my period was two weeks late...when I finally got it, it was not normal. Brownish in color and very light only lasting 2 and a half days)

S.D.A

Asked by S.D.A at 7:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Get a blood test done at a doctor's office. You may or may not be pregnant.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would go to the doctor and get a blood test done!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 7:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If you were stressed you could have Ovulated late and that would cause a late period
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 8:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• you could be or you may not be ovulating right . talk to your doctor they can check your levels and figure out what is going on hugs and good luck
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My finace and I have sex almost every day. So, if I did ovulate late due to stress or whatever, could I still get pregnant? Ugh, this is all confusing sometimes lol...
    S.D.A

Comment by S.D.A (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes, you can still get pregnant if you ovulated late. However, stress can hinder getting pregnant. I would just go to teh doctor and have a talk with him/her.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 12:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You probably are ovulating later than you used to. It sounds like your cycles are legthening for whatever reason. The best thing to do would be to get a blood test to be sure and if you're not then get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and start charting. That way you will know IF you are ovulating, WHEN you are ovulating and HOW LONG your normal luteal phase is so you can know whether you are truly late or if you just ovulated later.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Charting has really helped me to see when I should be expecting ovulation to happen, my period to arrive, etc. as well as seeing the signs of symptoms of what makes my cycle unique to me and hopefully to help with TTC'ing. Good luck to you !
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 3:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010