Another double standard?

News covering the story about the Mexican reporter in the Jets locker room. Main thing that people keep ignoring is that she didn't consider it harassment, she isn't filing any kind of formal complaint, and she (her publicity team) even posts scantily clad pictures of herself online as part of her PR package - it's SOP in Mexico for female reporters to promote themselves that way and dress provocatively to boost ratings.

People keep stressing that you have "no right" etc, etc, but in the end - if the person who was allegedly harassed doesn't feel they were harassed, is it anyone else's business? In the same vein - I worked with a girl once who tried to file sexual harassment because she walked into a room where a guy was standing in the corner ( alone, facing away from the door) tucking in his shirt. Who gets to decide what is harassment?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I think that whole story is really silly. I can't believe that the mainstream media really has nothing else to discuss.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I agree. Sexual harassment is a slippery slope. It's ridiculous the cases the courts hear that are just like the situation you put in your second paragraph. If the reporter isn't complaining then I don't see what the issue is. I guess we are a society that is so used to getting into other people's business that we don't know our own boundaries.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:25 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think in this case she was ignoring what was being said, and probably didn't understand everything that was being said to her, however there were other people from the media there, who are claiming that the things being said were of a sexual nature. Ines says she is going to let the NFL decide whether they think it was harassment, by viewing her footage, as well as the footage of other media. Personally, I understand you want a story, and you are a sports writer, but this was a MEN's locker room, this is where they shower and get cleaned up, I don't think women reporters should be allowed to go in there. It would be the same thing for a male reporter going into a women's locker room, I just don't think it is appropriate. They need to find a more convenient area...

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 8:30 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think these guys are being set up she shouldn't been there at all and the way she was dress i saw her site she not dress for success at all i think she trying to get her famous..
    china682

Answer by china682 at 8:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Your right. A person can only be harassed if they feel like they were.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Its a situation the NFL should look into because it makes them look like idiots....

But no lawsuit....

I don't know hwy ANY reporter needs to be in a locker room with naked agressive athletes....

Let them shower and dress, come out & talk...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010