Could you imagine?

Beaten and killed by her father for chatting on facebook..

A young Saudi Arabian woman was murdered by her father for chatting on the social network site Facebook, it has emerged.

The unnamed woman from Riyadh was beaten and shot after she was discovered in the middle of an online conversation with a man, the al-Arabiya website reported.

Poor young woman..trapped by the religion of 'peace'

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:23 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, just wow! I can't believe some of you are comparing criminal/terror attacks with honor killings. I can't believe you are using another crime to JUSTIFY this one. You people are just frickin sick.

OP, I totally agree with you..............just think though....the father has his honor back. >rolling eyes>

I think I'll stroll over and see what the religion of peace has been up to...

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No one denied its horrible. We merely disagree with the presumption that it should be blamed on religion. Its awful that something like this would be done BUT to sit here and try to use it as yet another reason to hate a misunderstood faith is pure ignorance and arrogance.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• A grisly suicide in the office of a Pennsylvania pastor has led investigators to arrest the church leader for allegedly killing his second wife and then staging a car accident to hide it. Also under investigation is whether he played a role in the mysterious death of his first wife.
    Rev. Arthur Burton Schirmer, 62, entered no plea Monday in a Tannerville, Pa., courtroom, hours after authorities arrested him at his Reeders home for the 2008 death of wife Betty, 56.

You go ahead and worry about a country 6000 miles away. I'm more concerned about the religious nutjobs right here in the US.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Lets stick with current atrocities please..

Also with stories where the sickos claim to do the atrocities in the name of their religion..

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster)
    ************
    They are telling you that all religions will commit atrocities to loved ones or to groups in large numbers ON THE BASIS OF their feelings about what their religion wants them to do, no matter how crazy that is.So,Islam,Muslims, Catholic,Christians,any of them. Get used to it.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• OP, I totally agree with you..............just think though....the father has his honor back. >rolling eyes>
    ___________________________
    There is no such thing as "Honor killings" in Shariah law or Islam. Though I know you will deny it, I just have to get it out there. NO SUCH THING

How about the "honor killings" committed in Asian and Indian cultures? Are you going to blame those on religion?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Moment- the OP thinks Islam is evil and apparently her goal is tto try and convince everyone of that opinion. Op- there are wingnuts is every walk of life, culture, country, political party and religion.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• all done in the name of the 'peaceful' religion.

A man who admitted torturing and killing the family dog because he believed it was possessed by the devil received a public defender today. Matthew O. Foote of Gulf Breeze, 25, is due back in court on Nov. 2 for a docket appearance.
    Jury selection is to begin Nov. 15. Foote faces a third-degree felony charge of cruelty to animals after he told Sheriff's Office investigators he believed the dog — a 7-year-old dachshund-Chihuahua mix named Sasha — was possessed by the devil, according to an arrest report.
    http://www.newsherald.com/news/dog-86482-foote-gulf.html

I believe the verse you're looking for is Matthew 7:3

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:47 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Looks to me like you have your own "daily horrible acts" to worry about before you go complaining that members of another religion aren't perfect.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think there needs to be attention focused on differentiating between what is RELIGIOUS and what is CULTURAL in these circumstances, rather than choosing just to blame everything on religion....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 15, 2010