Moms in the Mens Room?

My DH (and some other men) got a start when a mom walked her liitle boy into the Mens room and stood guard by the inside of the door.. in plain sight of ever other male in there.

Now had the tables been turned the Dad would have gotten arrested for being in the Ladies. On top of that, the Mom was followed by ANOTHER!!. And they'd talk to the boys the whole time.

Isn't that invasion of privacy? There were grown men in there trying to pee. I think they should have gone to the Ladies Room or waited outside. That's just wrong to me. What right did they have to be physically in the Men's Restroom esp when other Men were trying to use it?

He told me and I was totally with him in being upset about it. I think some women push this "I'm a mom and can do whatever I want" thing too far.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:27 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I always take my dn to the ladies room with me. If he's not old enough to go in alone then take them to the ladies. Sometimes women take things too far.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:40 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think that was wrong. She should have taken her child into the women's bathroom or family restroom if there was one.

I'm with you, if a man did that he probably would have had the cops called on him.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• your absolutely right if a man would have gone into the ladies room he would have been arrested

that women should have bought her son into the ladies room i have seen plenty of moms doing that what was her problem
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I agree there is no reason for a woman to go into the men's bathroom, she can take her child in the women's bathroom into a stall. It was inappropriate for her to go in there.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 8:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Honestly I would have no problem with a man in the women's restroom if he was there for his daughter. It isn't like he is peeking through the cracks of the stall to look at me. Plus, men aren't as insecure as women, especially when it comes to bathrooms. They go in and do their business and that is it. They don't worry about other people watching them. If they do care they use a stall instead of a urinal to take a leak.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• She was wrong, wrong, wrong. She is an adult. Adults of one gender are not allowed in the restroom of the other gender. Her child is, obviously, a child. He can go into the women's room w/ her. Especially since all women do their business in the privacy of stalls. I'm curious though: what do dads out alone with little girls do?
    mischiefmaker34

Answer by mischiefmaker34 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i agree if my hubby takes my kids to restroom for me he stands outside the restroom door. and the girls know if a anyone trys anything to scream then he will run in to protect them. usually i take them in. my daughter has been doing this i am big enough to just go on my own lately and it scares me because of all the perverts out there.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 9:12 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ok, I thought you were being mean. Stupid internet and lack of tonal differences, lol. I was worried because you and I get along so well. Yay, I don't have to cross you off my friends in Answers list, lol.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:12 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ideally the mom should have taken him into the ladies, barring that she should have opened the men's door and said "mom and child coming in" and given the men a warning. I have only been in the men's room once with my son-- he had stormed in there during a meltdown (he has Autism) and I asked an employee if it was ok to go in there and she did a 'restroom check' and told me it was ok, and then she stood at the door to 'alert' any men that needed to use it.
    When I was little my dad and grandpa took me to a circus and I had to pee. My grandpa cleared out the mens room, my dad went in with me and grandpa 'stood guard' at the door and did not let anyone in till I was done. Going to the ladies room did not even cross their mind- as they would not have felt comfortable in there.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't think she was completely wrong for going in there but she should have warned the men she was coming in.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 10:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2010