Is life really so short that one must be so obnoxious?

Yesterday at my son's doctor appt. we stepped into the elevator and was fixing to head up to the second floor...i see a woman and her two children ..i snatch the door before it closes so that she can step into the elevator and not have to wait. She says thank you. ..she starts small talk with my son.."do you have to get allergy shots too"..my son says yes. My son and i step out and begin to walk down the hall, i feel a breeze..i thought it was the wind...no..its elevator woman running by to get to the doctor before me. What a bitch. I'm tired of being nice to people. I swear this is like the 10th time this has happend to me this year. i give up. Anyone else have this happen often or do i just live around some rude ass people?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:43 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i know how you feel i am a nice person I feel people are so mean i don;t know why people can be so hateful
    china682

Answer by china682 at 8:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Maybe she was late to her appointment? Maybe she is just a rude bitch?

I go through the same thing and TRY to make myself feel better by excusing them with something in my mind (like thinking she could have been late for her appointment or something). It is SO hard sometimes. Some people are just asses.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• That happened to me at an OB appointment. I was so pissed!!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• oh..she wasnt late..for shots its first come first serve
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Yes, I deal with rude crap like that all. the. time. Good etiquette and manners seem to be a lost art in today's society.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:04 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• ya that was kinda rude. Next time someone asks if you're getting shots too...say NO and then she won't know to rush past ya lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• what vicesix said. It seems that more and more we run into rude people. Social graces are becoming a thing of the past. I refuse to let that change me, I was raised to be polite and wil;l remain so, even if I have to kill others w/ my kindness!
    RosieCheeks64

Answer by RosieCheeks64 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Have you ever visited your local Walmart? Talk about rude!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:08 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• wow that was rude,lol
    vlester

Answer by vlester at 11:49 AM on Sep. 15, 2010