for those of you who can't stand your MIL

did you have a good or at least decent relationship with her BEFORE you & your man got engaged/married?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• no she yelled at me for dating her son.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 9:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• We started off ok....it has gotten worse and worse every year that passes.

It probably got significantly worse when I had my children. I grew up and she stayed a moron!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:12 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My husband doesn't have a mom, but he has 2 older sisters that hate me.... oh joy... double the fun.

One always hated me, the other I got along with really well until we got married. Nothing happened between us... she just started telling people I was taking her brother away. "Taking him away"??? Not sure how I would do that.... anyhow her craziness pushed him away so she proved herself right.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 9:17 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think we got along the first day we met. After that I was never good enough for him. She lives 45 mins away so at least I dont have to deal with her on a daily basis ( which I wouldnt do anyways!)
    jdlane1901

Answer by jdlane1901 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i have never liked my mil but i was nice to her because well she was my husbands mother but now i have nothing to do with her because she asked if she could come down and stay with us she got kicked out of her house i was getting ready to have twins she said she wants to help take care of the kids and help with the house she did nothing to help out i asked her to watch the babies so i could make dinner well i was cooking and heard somthing in the liveing room it was one of my sons he was face down on the couch and she was just sitting next to him watching tv did not see him face down or anything i was so mad i wanted to kill her so i told her she needed to leave the room she did not know what she did wrong her room smelled like somthing had died in there i had to clean crap off the tolet from her she was not a clean person we kicked her out once we found out she came down to see what she could get out of us
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 9:25 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Kind of. She pretended to adore me, lol. And I really did like her. But she's the kind that talks crap about people behind their backs, so I've learned that she's been doing it to me from the beginning. She even told my husband she missed his ex right after we got back together, although to my face, when she found out we were together, she did a happy dance, and joked about how she had always known (DH and I go back to 6th grade).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• nope

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2010