Does your family make you feel like crap?

I am feeling kind of down right now I feel like my dh and kids are all against me even though I know they love me but I think they expect so much from me and even that I feel like that is not good enough :(
I don't know what else to do my kids (9 & 7) have little attitudes and my dh acts like a kid bc when he doesn't get any he acts so stupid. How can I make myself not care so much...I wish I could just turn the other cheek but that is not whoIam I just wish my family would just appreciate me more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• *hugs* I remember a story years ago about a mom who went on strike and moved to the treehouse in protest--sometimes that sounds so good! I don't have any advice, but I sure do sympathize.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 9:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• for me its living in a house of talkers, who all got 10 things to say at once and its all very important (to them) and I don't get a word in, or when I do, I get cut-off or not listened to. Makes me feel like a sounding board and what I say isn't as important as what they have to say.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think if your famly is not appreciating you, you should stop doing things to help them, just for a little while. Have your husband make dinner, say you dont feel well and go to your room. When your kids want something, tell the older one to help the younger one or depending what it is, they can do it themselves. Try for a day or two and let them see what you do should be appreciated and not taken for granted. I also suggest, if they speak nasty to you, stop talking to them. Makes kids crazy when you dont answer, but they have to learn that mommy is a person to, and they need to respect you.
    mudlovinme

Answer by mudlovinme at 9:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I was thinking the exact same thing this morning. I give and give all I have to my family and they all treat me bad. My oldest treats me like I am not 'good' enough to talk to her. One of my twins can be dishonest. The other never wants to do as she is told and always wants her way. The baby is the only one who is nice to me. My husband treats me like I am dumb. I am sooooo sick of this. If I had a treehouse the little one and I would move out and have some peace.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• mines does and in my immediate household it's just me and my son so I really have no one to turn too and he expects so much out of me and he doesn't understand a lot going on by my being laid off due to the Recession, yea it's rough
    vlester

Answer by vlester at 10:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2010