housekeeping help

Does anyone have any secerts they use to clean anything? TO keep things clean? To make clothes look nicer? To clean tile? I have 3 kids in the house so anything with less chemicals is best...Thanks..

MommyFosberg

Asked by MommyFosberg at 9:51 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Home & Garden

• check out the group homemade goodness. they have recipies for everything natural and less expensive
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:20 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I have a Shark Steam vac. It weighs 3 lbs and does a terrific job. Esp on the tile and the laminate floors. We have so many allergies cleaners are a huge hazard for us. This way its clean, and sanitized without a lot of effort and no chemicals

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I've been trying to use more natural things like vinegar, baking soda, castille soap, borax,etc. I looked up the formulas on the internet. They are working great too and definitely less expensive. I just started cleaning houses for a living and with all the cleaners and chemicals I'd rather clean with natural products because of all the exposure to the chemicals.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My answer for cleaning--walls, floors, carpet, upholstery, and clothes--OxyClean. I have not found anything that it cannot clean.
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2008