If you knew for a fact you could get away with something you knew was technically dishonest or wrong, would you do it?

harmless stuff, not felonies

like shaving some time off the clock at work
or playing around on the internet when you should be working
a friendly flirtation that isn't going to go anywhere
etc, so on.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:58 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yeah..i guess. or if the bank was just magically empty and the vaults were all open..i wouldnt mind taking a peep around..maybe stuffing my pockets..i don't think they would miss out...it would be considered a miscalculation. thats why they have insurance..right?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No, I still have to live with myself so I don't do things that would bug my conscience. I have plenty of opportunities to make extra money in my business that would require me being a little less than honest with my customers, and I don't do it. I have to be able to sleep at night.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:02 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• no, I have a guilty conscience. I still feel bad about things I did 20 years ago. :)
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Nope... "Character is who you are when no one is watching"
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• not felonies huh lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yep
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:04 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• ..hmm..if i knew i could rob a bank and get away with it i would. I wouldnt do a stick up or anything like that..but if the money was sitting there to take..i would take it. If i could cheat in some kind of prize drawing i would..like the publishers clearing house..i would cheat..and send them knocking at my door.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• ya cuz that would be too easy lol
    rob a bank, eliminate a rival...noooo...to easy :) lol
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 9:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• @shay... aw like what, Shay? :) I'm curious now lol
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'll give ya one: I knew a guy that used to come into work 1st all the time and I'm reasonably sure he used to pilfer the coffee fund. There's always be a little bit less than there should be in the till we left. It was kind of an honor policy in our office that everyone would donate to the coffee till but no one monitored it until we needed to go shopping and there's always be a tiny amount short, not alot, just a few bucks and I knew he was having money problems at home so I always wondered but it wasn't enough for me to bring up, esp without hard proof.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2010