she feel off the couch

my 4 and a half month old(BF,18pounds) fell off the couch last nght when she was sleeping,12inches or less she fell,face 1st,everything seems fine today,should i worry?

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 10:25 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not if she is fine lol...but if her pupils got big and she fell asleep right after, thats when you need to worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Try not to thnk of me as a horrible parent, but my oldest son slept with me from birth til he was four and when he was 5 months old he fell off of my bed while beside me, my bed was up high off the ground and when he fell he screamed so loud I thought he was dying. I took him to the er and the dr said babies are less likely to break bones early on. I wouldnt worry, but if you feel more comfortable, take her to the pediatrician.
    amandasthird

Answer by amandasthird at 10:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Nah. If she seems fine, then she probably is. My DD fell off at about 4 months...didn't know she could roll, and she showed me that way!! Scared me more than it hurt her. She is okay :) Don't worry and don't feel bad if someone tires to bash you....it happens to ALL of us at some point!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• she should be just fine :) my daughter made a habit of falling off the couch LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Babies fall all the time. It's very scary and it sucks, but I think it's fairly normal. Especially when they start cruising or walking. Just make sure their pupils are both the same size(if they aren't that is a sign of a concussion), and give them the once over. Don't beat yourself up. It happens to the best of us.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:43 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My daughter just did that about a week ago and she is only 4 months. She is fine. To tell you the truth it probably wont be the last time. Just keep an eye out and if she seems like she is acting different ask the doctor. But she should be fine. Also I took it as a sign of okay she is rolling now so i cant leave her on the couch and stuff by herself. Good Luck I am sure she is okay
    kaylie_08

Answer by kaylie_08 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• First off. do not panic. There is not a single parent on this planet who didnt have to "deal" with such an accident. My daughter fell of the couch when she was like 8 months old. I went straight to the hospital with her, because i didnt know if she was alright or not. The doctor there told me, that if something like this happens and your child starts to cry immediately after it happened then they are (usually) ok. And they're just shocked. You only need to watch her for the next 24h hours. (not constantly looking at her, but checkin on her).
    As soon as she starts to puke (more than she would actually, if she does puke sometimes), or if she is more sleepy than usual, if her whole acting is totally strange than she normally does, then you need to go to a doctor.

If none of those things happen, then your little one will be fine. :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Join the club!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• my 6 month old girl 17 pounds just fell off the couch last week. My husband was with her. She hit the hard wood floor. We took her to the childrens er, they checked her over and said they dont call them bouncing babies for nothin. She was fine, took her to her pediatrician to be sure, and she is still fine. What a scary thing! You would have thought she would have a knot on her head, but not a mark. Thank God.
    Emmama408

Answer by Emmama408 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• hunny! my son has had his fare share of falls lol and hes only 18mths! if she seems fine then she probably is nothing to worry about !!!
    Beautifulnewmom

Answer by Beautifulnewmom at 12:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2008