Did anyone else see that show last night about the moms with all boys desperatly trying to have a girl?

What did you think.....I felt sorry for them. I know how badly I wanted a girl and I would have been sad too.

That one lady who had the 4 boys....showed her ultrasound and she found out she was having a 5th boy. She just broke down, I felt really bad for her!

Do you think they go to far trying or what?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 9:16 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did not see the show but let me share something ... my second child is a girl and when I was pregnant with her, hubby's side of the family was practically doing back flips on a daily basis because she was going to be the first girl in a long line of boys. Well, she came 3 months early and was not expected to live and then when she did make progress after a few weeks, her prognosis was that she would require a lifetime of care and not be able to walk, talk, hear, see, feed, etc. She is truly a miracle in that she developed normally in every way but when I think back and recall how mentally in my mind I was getting ready to prepare for her funeral rather than her christening, her sex was the last thing on my mind. I can understand wanting a certain sex but boy or girl, as long as they're healthy is what really counts.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I hate to admit it but if my second baby had been a girl I think I might have been disappointed. I really wanted to have one of each. I know I would have loved my second no matter the sex but I wanted one of each so bad
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Ya, they really are taking TV a lil too far lol
    BUT I can see wanting at least one girl. I have two boys and a girl would be great. That mom daughter bond is amazing, and every woman wants to do the girl thing at least once I think. Of course healthy is important, but with pregnant hormones and finding out its not a girl, of course she cried lol.....
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I didn't think it was even possible for me to have a bay. I was having a girl. Period. I have a huge doll collection to pass down... when I found out I was having a boy, I was shocked, but not disapointed. He is so sweet and healthy. I may not be able to have any more kids, but I wouldn't have it any other way now. I don't know what will happen to my doll collection though! LOL
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Wow, anything to get on TV these days
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2010