I am going to fly to Colorado? What do I need to know?

I haven't flown in years, so obviously things have changed. Are they charging for extra baggage? Do I have to pack my makeup in clear bottles? Can anyone tell me what to expect? Thank you in advance.

haroldswife

Asked by haroldswife at 10:38 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Travel

• different airlines have different rules about charging for luggage. Check the website for the airline you are using and they will have that information. Also that site will have all the info on what not to take in your carry on. Also I would suggest talking to your pharmacist and maybe take some type of decongestant to avoid trouble with the altitude. Drink plenty of water.
    lynne14

Answer by lynne14 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Most airlines charge extra for more baggage. I don't think it is terribly steep. Plus some airlines even charge for the sodas and snacks, not all of them just some. I believe you can put your makeup in checked baggage and it may not have to be in clear bottles.
    So take some cash for the soda or coffee on the plane. Be prepared to pay for baggage. As for the makeup you may need to check through the airline.
    Have a great trip
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:58 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Flew over the summer with my sister who flys often. Any size liquid can be checked. Carry-on 3 oz or smaller. In a clear container (see through). So, better to check everything and carry-on little. And yes, be prepared to take youy shoes off. They also charge extra for a certain number of bags. I believe we each had one free check-in and then additional charges per over. Go online to the airline you are flying on and you can pull it up.
    Have a great time!!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• airplaneHave a great time !

AlohaWahine

Answer by AlohaWahine at 10:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2008