My son is a month and 2 days old and i am still bleeding is this normal?

KendraCagle

Asked by KendraCagle at 3:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my first baby I bled for the first 5 weeks and was done for a week, and then I got my first period. It's normal. They say breastfeeding mothers don't bleed as long.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Congtaulations first of all!! And yes, it's absolutely normal. Get used to it cuz you'll be bleeding for the next several weeks.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 3:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• oh yeah my son is 4 months and i just got my period 2 days ago for the first time...doc said it depends on the woman
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Yeah I think that's about right. It seemed like I bled forever. But I just had my first period when my baby turned 8mon. I wish I had of breast fed longer so I couldn't start my period til she was about a yr. LOL (JK)
    mommyB830

Answer by mommyB830 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2008