cleaning tips

how do you suggest to clean toys that your child chews/sucks/slobbers on?? What do you use? I seen on tv bleach but I dont see that being safe.... Any suggestions? What do you do/use?

MommyFosberg

Asked by MommyFosberg at 10:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hot water and dish soap....
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 10:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I looked up the bleach thing and it's 1/4 cup per gallon, and you let it sit for 10 min. Then you have to rince them and let them comlpetly dry. I usually just put them in the dish washer. His cloth ones I put in the washer with hot water and no soap. Lysol says you can use it on toys but you have to rinse that off too.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 11:24 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I use hot soapy water. Some toys can go in the dishwasher as well (I have some of those baskets you can put them in on the top rack). I think the bleach and really sanitizing them is most important if other kids are slobbering on them.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• In the summer esp I use the 1/4 c. bleach soak. After I rinse them I put them in a net bag and hang them in the sun to dry. I also like the Clorox anywhere spray for hard surfaces
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Hot soapy water works the best and you don't even need to use antibacterial.
    Gahoona

Answer by Gahoona at 1:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2008