Did you enjoy your wedding day?

I HATED MINE... My inlaws made sure of that. I am playing on renewing my vows.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly the best day ever. My husband and I still talk about how absolutely perfect everything was. The venue (by the ocean), the food, the cake, everything. Our family even still talks about how great the food & cake were. I had my dream wedding and it was an absolutely perfect day.
    I always tell my husband that I want to get divorced so we can do the whole wedding all over again.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• not really, but I would never tell my DH that. My inlaws hate me and they acted like it was more of a going away party (we were moving out of state for work) than a wedding. And hardly anyone I knew was in attendance. So...nah. I'd have been happier with a small wedding and some cash to help us get started.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:36 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• @35yoamom... thats basically how I was treated and still am. If my own family hadn't been there, I'm sure they would have gladly said and done worse but bullys (my inlaws) tend to be cowards when other people are around, esp ones willing to defend me. But they made their feeling very clear and acted as though I wasn't even there, even tho I was the friggin bride lol... just mean people..period.

The concentrated mostly on my new DH and my new stepchild more than it being a wedding and a new start.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:43 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My husband and I had a blast at our wedding. We were the last people to leave. 13 years and going strong!!!!
    lilysmom606

Answer by lilysmom606 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Best day of my life.
    rylymama

Answer by rylymama at 9:35 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Oh wow Zoey, I didnt think about it but it was more like a going away party and that he was making the WORST mistake in his life.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Oh I loved mine! My inlaws weren't even there! Long story- but ALL my family was there from all over America, all of hubby's friends and coworkers came, the ceremony was beautiful, the DJ was good- but my family loves to party, so we had a great time!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No DJ or music at my wedding. My inlaws do not believe in dancing.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i was stressed...i was happy that it was over and certain people really were pissing me off. If i had a magic wand i really wouldve like to make them disappear
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My wedding day was ok...i'm divorced now...but the wedding day itself was great.
    kld1979

Answer by kld1979 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2010