How do these Statements make you feel? It's not that I want to punish your success. ... I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."

We’ve got to make sure that people who have more money help the people who have less money. If you had a whole pizza, and your friend had no pizza, would you give him a slice?”
as president, "we'll ensure that economic justice is served,"
"You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we’re talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for, I think, true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won’t wear that pin on my chest..."
"...I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• (cont)
    "I don't think me calling House Republican members would have been that helpful. I tend not to be that persuasive on that side of the aisle."
    "And if that child should ever get the chance to travel the world and someone should ask her where is she from, we believe that she should always be able to hold her head high with pride in her voice when she answers, "I am an American."
    That is the course we seek. That is the change we are calling for."
    Do you think these sound Presidential, Patriotic, or do they make no difference
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• The first quote screams socialism to me. Which considering we are a Democratic Republic, we have no room for socialism here. Its not what our Forefathers wanted. That quote also supports legalized plunder (aka. stealing) which is just flat out disgusting.
    The second quote, eh mildly annoying but not horrible.
    The last quote is disgusting! "punished with a baby" that quote makes me angry. Babies are not punishment, they are human beings. And I don't know how you can preach morals when you support the stopping of an innocent beating human heart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Yea.. ummmm.. No, Don't like these statements ONE BIT...
    (1) it isn't "a" pin.. It the US flag. A symbol of our country and the history and what we stand for. A symbol of Patriotism.
    (2) SOCIALISM, SOCIALISM, SOCIALISM
    (3) Obama has no respect for what this country stands for today. He has no pride for the country. Only pride in himself and what HE thinks he can do for this country.
    Where has he stood up for America and showed any signs of Patriotism???
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Sounds like welfare to me. We do the work and then give some to those who don't want to work. How is that fair? What incentive does this give people to make more money when it is goingto be taken away?
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• 1) he is talking about businessrs that hike up prices so they can make more money, like gas and food. Dont take it so personal. I have thought this is a wonderful idea way before Obama was around, I give to people whenever I can selfish bitches.
    2) I wouldn't were a PIN either, Bush weren't there to get the oil not to SAVE a nation, this I am not proud of at all
    3) I dont agree with at all, provide more affordable health care so people can afford to go to the Dr. and get birthcontrol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Yes I know there are typos, trying to be quiet while SO is sleeping!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I agree with the replies before me. What, people who do make money are going to spread the wealth? Let his "family" and all the do-gooders in congress "share" their fortunes instead of hard working individuals. This is what I'm afraid of most; if Obama becomes President all of the "I intend to help the middle class" jargon will turn out to be we are now responsible for the lower-class so we need to set-up provisions like (as one mentioned) welfare, etc. Not at my expense!!

I have a HS senior and it will be expensive enough to put him through college without funding someone elses kid. No way!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Anonymous1121:
    To your number (1) responce- Do you realize that if the coporate tax rate is increased (like Obama wants) then the Diaper, Milk, and Cereal (etc, etc) Companies will raise their prices to reflect the increase and Possibly even let workers "go" to save costs.
    Then the grocery store will raise their prices to reflect the "corporate tax" increase, and they YOU will pay even MORE at the grocery store.
    Is that what you want???
    It is simple economics.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Well thats why I think the whole system is scrued and needs to be revamped. It's not working the way things are. The dollar is almost worthless and is just going to get worse. Pretty soon you could be making $100,000 a year and still be in poverty. I think that is the direction we are going and needs to be fixed before it gets there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I tend to agree with socialistic ideals... in true form they are recognizing the connections between everyone and our need to look outside of ourselves and take care of each other and our world. to me the biggest problem we have in this world is greed, selfishness, and lack of the realization we're all in this together - we must stand together or fall together. it is of the utmost importance to care and help when we can without hurting ourselves.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 17, 2008