What keeps your skin really soft?

My skin feels so dry lately. I take warm showers, not hot, baby oil up before I get out, and then coat myself with lotion, but it's not helping... What works for you?

toobigfrogs

Asked by toobigfrogs at 9:41 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My little boy has mild eczema, which is really dry skin. In the summer we tend to do a lot of swimming and he gets these awful dry patches, I tried it all. I finally used Gold Bond lotion, the only thing that took it away and has never came back even this summer and we did a lot of swimming again. Try it, it really works! I also use it on my knees and elbows, got rid of that nasty elephant skin! LOL
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 3:55 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Most lotions will only work temporarily ... once the water that's in them is absorbed through the skin, you're still left with dry skin. I've always suffered with dry skin; I started using coconut oil (for face and body) and I haven't had a problem since.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It depends on the type of lotion that u could be usin that is just not for your skin but I use Baby lotion and I put it on after I get out of the tub and a few times during the day......but it could be your SOAP that is dryin your skin u might want to change that....
    PrettyGirlKelz

Answer by PrettyGirlKelz at 9:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I use Creme Anglaise from Lush.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:35 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• keep hydrated. drink alot of water. keep the air in your house hydrated in winter.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Wiping my makeup off with Baby wipes....using moisturizing foundation that's also formulated for my skin type....and cocoa butter lotion. smells good and feels good.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 9:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• In your case try http://www.natural-homeremedies.com/homeremedies_dryskin.htm
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 9:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I use Yardley Oatmeal soap in the bath. Then I always lotion myself down when I get out. Also, for my feet I put on LOTS of lotion, and then some fuzzy spa socks and leave the socks on so that the lotion can slowly absorb.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I believe that I was born with excellent genes in that area. I have never used soap on my face and to remove my makeup I use Albolene which is a deep cleanser moisturizer. You can get it at the drug store and it is very inexpensive. I always get compliments on how soft and translucent my skin looks on my face.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 11:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• If you have very dry skin, use cocoa butter.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:58 AM on Sep. 15, 2010