i was supposed to be induced

im supposed to be induced last night but i had to call 1 hour ahead of time so i did and they said that they will call me back as soon as they get a bed and nobody called im gone to call the doctor did this ever happen to anyone else and will the induce me today

kay785

Asked by kay785 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You're probably lucky they didn't induce you. 44% of moms induced end up with a c-section. This is from a CNN article on 5 ways to avoid a c-section. I'm guessing it's not a medically indicated induction or it would have been more of a priority...

1. Don't get induced unless medically necessary

Years of study have shown that inducing labor often leads to a C-section.
    "Klein says studies of first-time moms show that 44 percent of those who are induced end up with a C-section but that only 8 percent of those who go into labor spontaneously end up with a C-section. Doctors say many times, inducing women way before the cervix is ready can lead to unproductive labor, which then necessitates a C-section.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/08/23/ep.csection/index.html
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:59 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Well this hospital seems to be a joke. I'm sorry to say that. But there must be a reason WHY they will induce you. And to say that they will call you when they have a bed is just stupid. Just call a different hospital or a different doctor.

I dont know if they will induce you or not. Just call them and if they tell you to wait until they have bed then ask them for how much longer you gonna wait to have your child. ;) Things like that make me mad and then I would be sarcastic and just get a different doctor.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2008