My 4 year old daughter gets smelly armpits!! Really stink like B.O. after a long day. She bathes everyday before bed. Is she too young to be wearing deoderant?

abiwill

Asked by abiwill at 9:49 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have two little girls 5 & 6 and they both wear deoderant DAILY! I was having the same issue with both of them and I did not want them to have a complex so I did it! I have not seen any changes in their bodies except that they smell good!
    RJWest

Answer by RJWest at 9:58 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Nope, start it up Momma.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:02 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'm glad we're not the only ones! I started wearing deoderant when I was about 8 as I hit puberty quite early. Was very shocked that a 4 year old could be quite so stinky! Do you think it's hormonal?
    abiwill

Comment by abiwill (original poster) at 10:05 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I WOULD DO IT CAUSE WHO WANT THERE KIDS GETTING PICKED ON BECAUSE THEY SMELL. I HAVE KIDS AND I REALLY DON'T MIND MY KIDS WEARING A LIL SMELL GOOD CAUSE I RATHER FOR OTHERS TO COMPLAIN MINES SMELL GOOD THAN FOR THEM TO SAY THEY SMELL BAD. ANYWAYS GIRLS LOVE TO SMELL GOOD AND LOOK GOOD ANYWAYS CAUSE I KNOW MY DAUGHTER DO.
    MsMagee

Answer by MsMagee at 10:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think it is fine and a good idea to start her wearing deodorant, but I would look for a more natural one without aluminum.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:17 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Make sure you do a sensitive skin deodorant, not an antiperspirant. Have you talked to her pediatrician. I know some kids just stink after a day of play, mine do, but if it seems sudden or is worse than it seems like it should be, there could be a medical cause. I would get her in to the doctor just to be sure there isn't anything more going on than sweaty kid. If that turns out fine, then I see no problem with a little deodorant.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• kids are maturing faster these days you may have to apply deodorant for her I would do it at bed time and in the morning
    good luck
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• that is really young for body odor like that, I wonder if maybe it is something she is eating, or some other issue. Have you talked with the dr about it?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• They made Teen deodorant and I would use that on them.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:13 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• no she aint
    sexygurl21

Answer by sexygurl21 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2010