Learing to Cook

Im 6 1/2mo pregnant and now as of last week Im a stay at home mom I really want to learn how to cook dose anyone know anything EASY to make for dinners that will feed a family of 6?

AmberNicoley

Asked by AmberNicoley at 9:49 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• What do you know how to cook? That will give me an idea of your level of knowledge.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• http://www.easyrecipes.com/

mom used to tell us, if you can read, you can cook...so you'll do just fine :) You'll be a great SAHM!
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 9:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Go to allrecipes.com they have quick and easy meals for families of many sizes. You can also customize it to family size. They also have a "recipe box" where you can keep your fav. recipes or ones you would like to try. You just need to register (free) with the website. Hope that helps!!
    kld1979

Answer by kld1979 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• The first KILLER thing I learned how to make was this knock off of Toscani Potato Soup from Olive Garden. It's MEGA easy, and it impresses the hell out of people!

First, get a pack of italian sausage (hot or sweet, doesn't matter) pull the casings off, brown and drain. Chop and brown half a pound of bacon, drain. Reserve a couple of tablespoons of fat.
    In a big stock pot, get 4 or 5 cups of chicken broth/water boiling. (Use the low sodium kind, so you can control the flavor better) Chop up 4 potatos and get them in the broth.
    Chop and onion and 2-3 cloves of garlic. Sautee them in the reserved fat, then get them in with the potatoes.
    Let that do it's thing until the potatoes are fork tender. Add the meat, let it go for another ten minutes or so.
    Chop come kale, swiss chard, or mustard greens (in a pinch) and get about a cup of it in the pot. Let it bubble until the kale is wilted.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:57 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• add a cup of cream, let it warm through,

You're done. Well, almost. If there's some fat from the sausage floating on top, toss in a couple of cabbage leaves. They will help to soak up the fat. (I don't know how or why, my grandma showed me that trick) Fish the cabbage out after a couple of minutes. oh...make sure to take it off the heat before you do the cabbage thing. If it wilts too much it's pointless.

Serve with garlic bread and salad. You can serve either red or white with it, as it's got flavors that are complimentary to both.

The awesomeness of this is epic.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'm a budding cook, too. I subscribed to a magazine called "Taste of Home". It's written and edited by actual home cooks, and the recipies are all dishes that can be made at home.
    Marikosan

Answer by Marikosan at 10:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I agree....Taste of Home is a great magazine of recipes from home cooks. Most are simple and very delicious.
    jillybean4

Answer by jillybean4 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2010