How would you feel?

How would you feel if your son only goes with his father every other weekend, and you were going to pick him up one weekend, and he shows up in a camaro, with your son in the front seat, and his gf (that you didn't know he had) in the back seat??

I WAS PISSED!!!

can i use that against him in court?

BradensMom1026

Asked by BradensMom1026 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly, I agree with the pp. It would depend on how old your son was. Like, if your son was 5, then yeah, that's a problem - he shouldn't be riding in the front seat... Now, if he was 15, not such a big deal...

And I can sort of see being upset if he's taking him around all sorts of different women all the time, etc. But before I got too upset, I would try to find out what relationship he had with the woman, because if it's just this casual thing, then yeah, I would be upset. But if they have been dating for awhile and now it's getting serious, etc, then I can see him introducing her to your ds (you don't want to blow up, just to find out this woman is going to be your ds's step mom...)

I know it's very frustrating, but look at it like this, would you want to have to clear anyone you were seeing / serious with with him before you could intro him to your ds?

Good luck!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:05 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No all u have to do is be a mother if y'all is not together he have the right to be wit somebody else so just do u....
    PrettyGirlKelz

Answer by PrettyGirlKelz at 10:04 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It depends on how old your son is.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I can see where you would be pissed. I would talk to your lawyer about it and see what they advise. Was your sin in a car seat? If not maybe you can get him for that....
    I hope everything works out!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think I would be more upset he was in the front seat. Either way depending on how old your son is he has to sit in the back seat and in a car seat. Then again depends on your startes law on it. I wouldnt get into it with him bout his new girlfriend. Most diffently talk with your lawyer about it. Hope things work out for you.
    MatthewsMom04

Answer by MatthewsMom04 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my son will be only be two next month, and yes he was in a car seat...and he's only been dating this woman for a month
    BradensMom1026

Comment by BradensMom1026 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I just went through something similar. My daughter was allowed to sit in the front seat when she was with her Dad. I am going to a lawyer tomorrow and this is something I am asking her about among other things.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• depends on his age like pple sd if he is old enough then it should be no biggie& about his gf dnt even stress that, it could be one of many or she could be the one, either way he is going to date whomever he wants & maybe he has had your son around her b4 , you might of just never know.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would be mad just because my child was in the front seat of the car.. thats dangerous. I wouldn't so much be mad about the girlfriend, he has a right to date. & as long as he pays child support & provides your son with what he needs, I wouldn't worry to much about the car either.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Are you pissed over the GF or the carseat? I would be pissed over the kid in the front seat. Maybe the carseat didn't fit in the backseat of the car??? That's all I can think of. The GF thing you are going to have to deal with. Hopefully there was no front airbag. If there is you need to let him know to turn it off if the carseat HAS to be in the front seat.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2010