My son is now 1 month and 2 days old and i am stll bleeding and i had to have an emergancy c section is this normal?

KendraCagle

Asked by KendraCagle at 3:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. It is normal to bleed for about 6 weeks. Not everyone does, but usually everyone stops by about 6 weeks regarless of how you delivered.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 3:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Yes. But if you are concerned about the amount of blood, I would consult your doctor.
    Sheri225

Answer by Sheri225 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Yes, it's normal. My dd is 7 weeks old & I just stopped bleeding 2 days ago (I also had a C-Section). If your really concerned though, ask your Dr.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 3:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i bled for 13.5 weeks...enjoy
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 4:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• my son is 3 months old and I'm still bleeding. I had my son natural thought and had a pretty bad delivery. They pretty much forced me to have my son natural which later on they were regretting. By the way have you got on birth control yet because that could also be the cause?
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• What's normal? I bled for 9 weeks with my last baby, which happened to be a c-section. My OB said it was normal.
    dawnjohnson5

Answer by dawnjohnson5 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Wow I had a c-section and I never bled as long as everyone else who has replied I bled for barely 2 weeks.......
    astallman72

Answer by astallman72 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• yep, and theres more where that came from. Are you breastfeeding? It would help speed it along.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I don't know if it is "normal", but I do know that with my 2nd c-section I was still bleeding fter 6 weeks, not heavily but some. My ob/gyn said that I should have stopped by then and decided to do a d&c.
    drgnfly19

Answer by drgnfly19 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• ya anything up to 6 weeks is normal. (i bled for 5 weeks with my first and it was vaginal) as long as it doesn't get worse then u should be ok. i know it's annoying and messy but at least it'll be fine.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 10:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2008