Do you honestly believe this statement is true?

"You will find love when you stop looking for it" or "You won't find love until you stop looking for it" or "Love will find you when you're not expecting it"

Or is it just cliche, and therefore you repeat it like everyone else. Do you actually BELIEVE it? If you think it's true...why do you think that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope its bull crap, nothing is going to fall into your lap that you don't work for
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It's probably mostly true because sometimes one can try too hard and look too desperate, instead of being more relaxed and more yourself.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think love finds you when you stop looking for it. I believe it to be true because thats what happened to me and how me and my husband got together.
    bradymoma86

Answer by bradymoma86 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• mmm. it could go both ways. you could be a cougar and on the hunt for love..if you are a successful type person..you will get what you want..i am a firm believer that if you want something..go after it..including love. On the other hand, if you are putting yourself out their too much you may be looking a little too needy to the men folk and you may want to back off a bit...and when you back off and stop putting yourself out there..love may come knocking at your front door.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I don't believe at all, because, I went actively looking and found the perfect man. When I wasn't...I found no one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I think it depends on what you mean by it. Should you just sit there at home, etc, and wait for it - no. You should go out, be open to it, etc. But, at the same time, you should just live your life, do the things you enjoy, whether you're with someone or not.

I think those statements are more about not sending out this message of desperation, like "I've GOTTA find a MAN - I GOTTA be with someone - NOW" sort of thing - because that can drive someone off / kill it before it ever gets off the ground, kwim?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• All I can tell you is what I know from experience.   "Love will find you when you're not expecting it"  This is the way it happened for me.  I was spending Christmas with family in England and the very last thing I wanted or expected was to fall in love, but my cousin's friend walked in the door and that moment changed my life forever.  We've been happily married for 22 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yup- I looked and looked and when i gave up and decided it would never happen for me...I ended up finding it- we have been together going on 19 years now
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• yes. It worked for me!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• In my case I do... I wasn't looking for anyone when my SO and I found eachother.. :) <3
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 15, 2010