What are some good resources and guides for the GF CF diet?

My 3 year old son is autistic. After doing a lot of reading we have decided to try the GF CF diet.
Has anyone here had any success with the diet, and if so what resources and information did you use?
I'm also interested in any GF CF recipees that anyone knows of.
THANX!

~*MotherBrittney*~

MotherBrittney

Asked by MotherBrittney at 11:16 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My son has been on the GFCF Diet for 6 years now, so yeah, I'd say it was succesful *grins*

An excellent online guide to the diet can be found at http://www.talkaboutcuringautism.org/gfcf-diet/index.htm. This is the most complete & helpful resource on the web for starting the diet.

Right here on Cafemom there is a very good group called GFCF Diet Info & Recipies - I suggest you join there and we'll all be happy to help you out as you go: http://www.cafemom.com/group/4557

If you check on Amazon.com, you will find many cookbooks just for those on special diets, including the GFCF diet, as well as other allergy-free cooking cookbooks & guides. A good GFCF cookbook to start with is "Special Diets for Special Kids" by Lisa Lewis.

If you like, feel free to contact me here on Cafemom and I will be happy to be a resource for you, too!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i tried the diet for my son but gf was hard for me so i decided not to do that on and did the cf and he did improve i do watch what he eats very carefully though because some ingredinets make him act differently. google it , i know one www.taca.com i think jenny mcCarthy is in it. hope it helps.
    kmanivanh1983

Answer by kmanivanh1983 at 10:37 PM on May. 4, 2009