Can a tailor fix jeans this way?

I've heard that to get a proper fit for jeans, you find ones that fit your rear nicely and then have the waist taken in if necessary to fit you in the waist. I have the opposite problem. I tend to be more thick-waisted (not heavy, I'm just more straight than curvy) and was wondering if I could have a tailor somehow expand the waist a little.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• stacy and clinton say: fit the biggest/problem area, then tailor the rest. a nip here, a tuck there, add a dart or take out some leg width/length. so, find jeans that fit your waist, then have a tailor take up the slack in the seams, so the rear/thighs will fit/hang better.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It's one thing to take away fabric to make the waist smaller and quire another to add inches. That would require more fabric, which you don't have. You could ask, a tailor, but I don't think it would be possible.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It's easier for a tailor to take away inches than add them. Talk to a tailor and describe your problem to them and see what they say. If you're straight as opposed to curvy, you might want to try on different jean styles to see which one fits your body the best.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Thanks ladies for the comments and suggestions. I have tried every style of jean (including men's) and none fits by body best. I'll try a tailor and if that's a no go, maybe I'll just have him make me a custom pair. Don't know what else to do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Nope but if you get larger pants they can take in the hips.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• they should
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:40 AM on Sep. 17, 2010