Is this wierd?

I lost touch with a good friend of mine and I tried to find her on myspace, face book etc. I found her sister in-law on myspace and I sent her a message, asking her how she was doing and so on. Here's the situation, I used to date the sister-inlaws boyfriend (my friends brother) years ago behind her back. I have moved on my ex-boyfriend and I don't talk to each other and I have no interest in him what so ever. I feel kind of guilty being friends with her. They are still together and have a beautiful family. Im afraid if she finds out, although it was years ago, it could start something. Should I delete her from my page or leave it alone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• JUST LEAVE IT ALONE...IT WAS YEARS AGO...CHANCES ARE SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• if you are friends with someone then w/e be friends, and if you have a conscience about it then talk to them to make sure its ok...
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 11:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• If her man the one you dated hasn't told her ,,you shouldn't tell her...Keep the guilt to yourself...You might just be breaking up a family because of it.

Answer by louise2 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I wouldn't delete her.. What happened in the past should stay in the past.. Unless you feel the need to bring it up.. lol.. That was a long time ago?? You've moved on, right? You have no intentions on getting her man (your ex)?? Right? Don't worry about it. Let it go.. I would still try to find your friend that you were looking for in the first place.. Good luck.. :)
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I think you should leave it alone. It will probably be awkward for a while, but if they seem to be a happy family, there's no sense in causing chaos for them. Just let them be happy. All you would accomplish by telling them is hurting both of them. However, if the guy tries anything with you again, then I would tell her. Maybe he has changd and he should be given the benefit of the doubt; however, if he still wants to be unfaithful then she should know! I think it's good that you're concerned, though. Try not to stress about it. Who knows, everything could work out great and you could gain a great friend from this. Oh, and good luck finding your other friend!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I don't want to tell her, Im just afraid that my ex who isn't the brightest bulb on the tree may say something and could then turn into a scene. I have no intentions of telling her or breaking up their family. Im just afraid that he may look at her page or the friends on her page and feel inclined to say something.
    Anonymous

• I would feel guilty and awkward being her friend. If you are just casual friends, then maybe that's ok, no big deal. Take it to the grave. But if you guys become close friends and start really hanging together, then I have a problem with it, because you have this MAJOR secret you are lying to your friend about. Not that you should ever tell her out of guilt. But if it were me, I would have to keep our friendship strictly casual because I would not be able to look her in the face all the time knowing that I've sleep with her husband! That would be totally gross.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Leave well enough alone, enjoy your friendship leave the past behind. Friends come and go also, seems you didn't write her until a bit ago and just do so now and again. Even if daily, you know how emailing can trickle off. Relax.
    notjustamom380

Answer by notjustamom380 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• If they have a happy little family, no matter how dumb he may be, I doubt he's going to tell her what he did with you. I'd just leave it alone. If she directly asks you, then don't lie, but do not tell her, do not bring it up at all.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I would step back and allow them to continue being a happy family without bringing any uncessary drama into their lives....Look at it this way, what's done in the dark, usually comes to the light and trust me, she will find out that you had a relationship with her now husband because somebody down the line will let it come out...Just speaking from experience...When it happens, will you let me know the outcome?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2008