so I'm still just poking around with this loan stuff.

If we are paying 7.5 percent interest on a 787 billion dollar loan from China, and we pay that loan off in ten years, every dollar we spend actually costs us $1.40. (the interest paid on the loan is roughly 40% of the principal borrowed.)

Does this change your mind on some of the frivolous projects? and 800,000 project, is really 1.2 million? correct my math if I'm wrong, DH didn't tell me we were out of coffee.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 10:25 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, it sounds like the mess people get into with their credit cards. We didn't spend $800,000 teaching men to clean their tinky winkies..we spent $1.2 million instead! Nice! Do I get anything for teaching my own boys how to wash?? ;)

I'm sorry about the coffee! You are welcome to come over for a cup! :)

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:49 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Actually dull, I believe we spend $1.2 million to do a study on the benefits of spending additional money to actually form and carry out a program that teaches foreign men in foreign lands (taught by foreign individuals - thus not creating jobs within our own country) how to clean their tinky winkies. The $1.2 million is only on a study, not the actual program.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• And I would presume that this application of fuzzy Math, is used for every experiment that they blow $$$ on; it's no wonder our country is broke!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No I already don't like unnecessary projects. OK the hospital up the road needed some repairs but they went above and beyond on tax payers dollars. The did the construction then spend 1.2 million dollars decorating. I mean really come on.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'm sure it isn't that simple but you have the right idea.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• What about Japan and all the other countries we owe. China is not the only country that has bought up our debt, and we pay interest on.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• China is the majority holder, to be sure.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• OMG, sorry YSK. For some reason I think I called you dull (dullscissors). I think your avatars got me a little confused. I had to texturize parts of the walls and the fumes from the texture stuff must have gotten to me. I have a hellacious headache right now. LOL. Guess I'm gonna have to pay better attention when I post.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:14 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

***
    LOL...The SAD thing this study within the study is part of a LARGER $12 MILLION study!! Good grief.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No problem Quinn!

So I guess I don't get anything for teaching my own boys how to wash??!! LOL

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010