Not sleeping

Anyone have some good sleep remedies because i'm just not sleeping well at night. I can't take one more night of restless sleep. Do you think the doctor would consider giving me sleeping pills even though i'm pregnant?

jolee0222

Asked by jolee0222 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Some doctors will actually prescribe sleeping pills, but they are NOT good to take during pregnancies.. Especially in the third trimester.
    I am almost 31 weeks pregnant, and I toss and turn all night basically. Nothing has seemed to help me.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I am also 31 weeks and have the same problem. I take a benydrly and that atleast helps me get atleast 6 hours of a good nights sleep but once I wake up it takes forever for me to get back to sleep. Hopefully you can find something that will help you because I completely understand. My mind just wonders on things that I need to get done before she gets here. Its aggervating I know!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• while I was pregnant I had to sleep in a recliner. That helped some.
    jennymax

Answer by jennymax at 11:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• lotsa pillows or a huge body one... and try drinking some warm tea at nite after a warm bath.. That helped me but now beings I am due any day nothing works no matter what i try or do.. GL and just remember it will all be worth it in the end!!
    renee50

Answer by renee50 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would love to know the answer to that to I'm all most 33 weeks along. all i been doing is using a lot of pillows.

cat708

Answer by cat708 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• same here. i bought a body pillow and it's just not cutting it.
    jolee0222

Comment by jolee0222 (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Unfortunately, that is going to happen. Use the time to organize your dresser or closet or some winding project you haven't had time to do. Once, I cleaned out all the picture boxes, and got years of photographs into an album. It took a little while, cuz we have loads of pics, but those restless nights didn't get wasted on tossing and turning.
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 4:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2010