Are kids spoiled if they get a hot breakfast, Apparently mine are spoiled

I am a SAHM I make a hot breakfast everyday. I feel I have the the time to do it and it makes them happy and ready to take on the day.
Yet everyone says they are spoiled and I just don't see it as spoiled

togo90210

Asked by togo90210 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is not spoiled. I fix my son a hot breakfast too and my mother fixed me one.
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 10:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• No, I would say they are healthy and lucky to have a mom that is willing to take the time to make breakfast for them. That's more than i can say for myself sometimes. =/
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:41 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Not spoiled at all. My son has a healthy hot breakfast every morning too.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 10:47 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• How is feeding your children a good healthy meal spoiling them? The people saying that only say that to make you feel bad because they feel inadequate.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• It's seems that other are envious of the fact that you have time for your kids, while others do not. I too am a SAHM and I give my husband and son the choice if they want me to make them breakfast they tell me the night before. Works out perfect for our family.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I'm a working mother, and my kids get a hot breakfast the majority of mornings. I don't consider my boys spoiled. They are getting what they need for their everyday activities.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 10:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• my kids would love if i gave them a hot breakfast every morning..lol. ur kids are lucky and not spoiled for that reason
    Sins8shun

Answer by Sins8shun at 11:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• That's spoiled? I say it's lucky, LOL. But you never feed them cold cereal? I think my kid would rebel if I gave him a hot breakfast everyday, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• That is not spoiled. You are giving them a good start and making them feel special.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I agree with you...My kids are far from spoiled and they get a hot breakfast 3-4 times a week. I take the time to fix something nice for them and make sure it's healthy. I don't just give them a pop-tart and say.."Here ya go...this is your breakfast, like it or not."

People have different definitions for spoiled...maybe theirs is different than yours. I consider spoiled to be those kids that demand and get everything they want without working for it and whining and whining if they don't get it. The kind of kids who are ungrateful and bratty.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2010