Daytime potty training--a success!

So now the nighttime. When should I toss the pull-ups completely (he only wears them to bed)? He can mostly sleep through the night without an accident, but they still occur once in awhile. I try to wake him up to go before I go to bed, but most times he's so tired that he's not even aware of what's going on. Should I go ahead and put him to bed in his undies now or wait until he's had a little bit more success with getting up and going during the night?

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am going through the same thing as you. My 4 y/o daughter will not wake up to go potty at night. We get her up most nights but even then it isn't guaranteed that she will be dry. The one night I thought she was ready she had wet the bed by the time my husband got her up to go potty before he went to bed. So what I am saying is that she is still in her pull ups at night and hopefully soon she will be dry enough to take them off of her. One thing we are doing is she has a calendar in her room and every morning she wakes up dry she gets a sticker for that day. She is very excited about this and she really wants to be dry and is upset when she wakes up wet b/c she won't get a sticker.
    bbchic

Answer by bbchic at 11:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I say go for it, but, I never used pull-ups at all. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:40 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Congrats on the daytime training!

I'm waiting for consistently dry diapers in the mornings before we give up night time diapers. My twins are now both daytaime and naptime trained. My son is almost always dry in the morning, so I think he's probably ready to lose the nightime diaper, but I'm waiting for his sister to get there too (she's wet about 4 mornings a week). I already limit liquids in the evenings, so I'm thinking her bladder is just not quite ready to go all night.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Sorry about the typos. I hit "post" by mistake, but I think you can figure out what I was saying!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• They can't control night time wetting. Keep with the pullups until he has a gone at least 2 weeks being dry. Why put yourself through that?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Oh I love the idea of a calendar! He loves getting stickers and I've run out of room on his sticker/potty chart. I will totally do this, thanks! :)
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010