plan my own baby shower, but host by mom-inlaw and mom

I want a baby shower for my first child, but i don't have sister or or good friend taht have time to plan one for me. My mom-inlaw doesn't know what to do and so is my mom and my hubby of cuz has no clue. Is it tacky if I plan everything myself ? Just want to see what other ppl thinks. I never plan a baby shower either, but i'll do it for my son.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I planned my own baby shower, but my mom and aunt hosted it for me.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Honey, you wouldn't be throwing it for yourself it'd be more for the baby. So I don't think it's tacky. It just sucks though when you don't have anyone to throw you one. I have a couple friends that never offered to throw me a shower. EVen a sister-in-law who didn't. I mean, I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but that's kind of messed up.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I planned all 3 of mine! You arent being tacky .. I planned mine therefore I would have everything I wanted and how I wanted it set up and so on so forth it was time consuming and draining but the end result for the lil babies was awesome!! Good luck wish u the best!!
    renee50

Answer by renee50 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• That is basically what I have had to do. I am having two one that is thrown by my mom and she just doesnt have time with getting her job promotion and everything. Plus she is the type of person that likes to wait till the last moment just like my mother in law and that I think is what drove me crazy the most. LOL!! Because I am not one to wait until the last minute. So to answer your question I think it is completely ok and people dont have to know that your the one that planned it!! Good luck!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would do it and let your mother-n-law host it.
    jennymax

Answer by jennymax at 11:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I was in the same situation as you. If I didn't step up to the plate, then no one would have planned it and I wouldn't have had one. Do some research online about shower games and get a few baby related decorations. Most importantly, have fun.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• if none goin to help you do it yourself. if i was your friend i would take my time and do it for you.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I did exactly that!!! I planned my own shower with every little detail and my mom hosted it! It worked for me and know one thought it weird of me.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Let them plan it- you jut register where you want your gifts to come from. Stop stressing, these things usually come together like magic.
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 4:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2010