Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Is there any groups on here that have experience of having custody issues with an ex involving a special needs child?

I have a 3 year old daughter with down syndrome. Her father and I were never married (we were actually living together up to a week before she was born, he kicked me out to take back his former partner, with whom he has 4 kids with) and he saw our daughter several times that first year after she came home from the hospital after having heart surgery. Well March of 08' was the last time he saw her....he stopped coming on his own, I never stopped him. So he has had no contact with her in over 2 years, then out of the blue back in April I get served with legal papers saying he wants to take me to court to get visitations. I hired a lawyer and we both submitted a parenting plan, I didn't like his and he didn't like we are going to court in Jan of 2011. I do not want him to have unsupervised visitations, cuz he has abused his oldest son a couple of times in the past, putting him in the hospital this last time.

Answer Question

Asked by Brende at 10:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Not sure. BUMP!

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • I haven't but I have a deaf child. I would be like you. I would have your lawyer to ask in court if he knows how to take care of a child with downs since he has not been around to see how important it is. I wish you the best and I'll be praying for yall.


    Answer by jennymax at 11:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

  • Do a search in the groups tab and Im SURE you will find a group if not many exactly like what you are looking for. There seems to be a group for EVERY subject imanigable and even a few you never thought of as being a group.

    Answer by vbruno at 11:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.